Social Bookmarks
youtube facebook twitter

The Escapist Experience (LL)

Hier kann jeder die Entstehung seines RCT 1 oder RCT 2 Parks oder Pro-Coasters dokumentieren.

Moderator: RCT-World Team

The Escapist Experience (LL)

Beitragvon Liampie » Do 15. Sep 2011, 15:52

I haven't built much this summer but somehow I thought today was the right day to finally start advertising this. I've been working on this park for over a year although I recycled some older ideas and designs, from 2008 onwards. The park has five areas, each one having a romantic theme in the broad sence of the word.

Bild

The entrance area is Ibiza, which is the most generic looking and least romantic area in the park. There are parties, games, shops, a beach, a wellness centre and much more. And of course alcohol. This area feels like a cheap holiday and is pure escapism. Once you enter the park you'll immediately forget about all your everyday worries and stuff, and the Ibiza area gives you the right mood to explore the other four areas! This screen shows the entrance to the Aphrodite Wellness Centre, some random tavern and the main ride in the area, Gran Fiesta. Gran Fiesta looks like a hyper coaster but is relatively small. It's more like an arrow equivalent of the Intamin mega lite. XXXX conservative realism.

Bild

The second area hasn't got a definitive name yet. It looks like another 'dark jungle/tribe' theme, but when you take a closer look it's really not that dark. The theme of this area is 'total freedom'. Like being a castaway on some uninhabited island, creating your own little paradise. I truly dream of running naked through a forest, pissing against any tree I want, eating from any fruit I want, going wherever I can go, all without interference by other people or law or whatever. In other words, total freedom. The screens shows a maze that has Liampie-shaped idols hidden in it (a puzzle maze!), Papagayo (arguably the most impressive coaster in the park ), Crusoe's Cooking Corner and much more.

Bild

The fifth area (skipped the third and fourth for now) is Tenochtitlan. All that remains of the Aztec Empire and all the Aztec themes in RCT parks are no more than a bunch of overgrown ruins. I wonder what would've happened if Tenochtitlan didn't fall in 1521. The city was one of the biggest cities in the world at that time and the society was very complex and organized already. How is it possible that such an advanced society could disappear almost completely in so little time? Tenochtitlan 500 years ago must have been an amazing sight. My adaption of Tenochtitlan tries to capture the feel of an Aztec city from before the Spaniards. The architecture is mostly fictionous, because there is so little information on authentic Aztec architecture. The area is mostly about grandeur anyway, not details. The screens shows the central market place. Except for the sun drying peppers, there's not much market yet. :p Going to change that soon. Also shown is the bottom of Templo Mayor which has a ride inside, and a yet to be named water ride.

Bild

Ibiza - 97%
[color="#C0C0C0"]'Total freedom'[/color] - 92%
King Autumn's Court - 40%
Sana'a - 65%
Tenochtitlan - 60%

I don't think I can finish the park this year but it would be nice. I'm hoping for an instant inspiration bomb!

Enjoy and comment.
Liampie

Re: The Escapist Experience (LL)

Beitragvon BigB » Fr 16. Sep 2011, 10:01

:o

This is just awesome !
Never seen this on RCT-World before..
I like everything but there's one thing in Ibiza which is bothering me.
I think the Spaceship or whatever this should be on the house @ the bottom of the picture doesnt fit.

greetings B'B
Bild
BigB

Re: The Escapist Experience (LL)

Beitragvon Flap » Fr 16. Sep 2011, 12:28

I will put my thoughts on NE if you don't mind,
But i love it! :love:
Flap

Zurück zu RCT 1 / RCT 2 - Projekt-Vorstellungen